Why settle for a Dead End, General Labor or Factory Job?
Does a Job Appeal to You where you can;
- Work Independently
- Work Mostly Outside,
- Be “Out and About” in local communities
- Not have someone constantly looking over your shoulder.
PLEASE Follow instructions below to Submit a Complete Application
Or email: Job@GLWC.biz
At our office:
*This Application once downloaded, is fill-able from your computer if you have a PDF reader, and can be saved and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starts at $14.00-$16.00 per hour depending on previous employment & ladder experience. With our bonus program this can grow to $18.00-$25.00 per hour or more with completion of advanced training and experience.
Great Lakes believes that there is more to a job than just a paycheck. Because we care about our people we offer benefits for all FULL TIME positions.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance
- Principal Dental Insurance
- Principal Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vision Reimbursement
- Tuition payments
- Gym membership
- Paid vacations and paid holidays
- In addition we offer bonuses based on individual performance
- Family Friendly, Flexible Scheduling – No evenings, No Sundays
Include: job pricing and bidding, sales, and other expanded areas of technical work such as water fed pole cleaning, aerial lift work and high rise. Each of these areas is diverse and offers many ways to increase your income and grow both personally and professionally for many years to come. Since we are a small company we encourage people to add skills in different areas within the company and advance as they feel comfortable.
Window Cleaning Technician; Paid Training, Lansing Area Based
No window cleaning experience required; we will provide training for this skilled trade position. If you have Professional Window Cleaning Experience Please Click Here. or If you own Your Window Cleaning Business Please Click Here
This position involves the cleaning of windows located on the first and second levels of area homes and businesses. Lots of variety. Fun, interesting work. If you enjoy active, year round, outdoor (and indoor) work, being “out and about” at various locations and are comfortable on ladders this job may be for you!
Pay starts at $14.00-$16.00 per hour depending on previous employment & ladder experience. With our bonus program this can grow to $18.00-$25.00 per hour or more with completion of advanced training and experience. We offer benefits with this position for full time employment. See details below*. Career training & education opportunities. Year-round work. Family friendly, flexible scheduling options. This position offers the potential for pay and benefits equal to other skill trade jobs along with similar training and experience requirements to fully advance. We will also consider part time candidates if you need a job that fit’s your life.
We are a smaller, family owned company so each person’s contributions matter. We depend on each person’s skills, commitment, and effort. Our Company needs hard working, enthusiastic, dependable, clean cut, dedicated, honest individuals who want to use their skills to help themselves as individuals and the company to grow. We are looking for people who are willing to learn, take pride in their work and will be generous in caring for each customer’s specific needs and requests. if that sounds like you; why settle for a dead end, general labor job in construction, warehousing, restaurant – hospitality or retail/customer service? No previous window cleaning experience is required – we will train you. Of course, we provide all tools and equipment.
The general requirements are:
- At lease five years of a steady work history and a reputation for reliability
- A reliable car or truck to work from (we reimburse mileage)
- A valid drivers license and proof of insurance
- A smoke, marijuana and drug-free lifestyle, (If you choose to smoke or use marijuana please don’t apply; a drug test may be required)
- Professional grooming standards
- The physical stamina to work outside year-round in both the warmest and coldest periods
- The ability or willingness to learn to set up, move or carry a 24′ ladder and do ladder work up to 24 ft.
- Basic math and reading skills
- You must be able to handle responsibility and be hard working, show good judgement and be able to work as a team or independently
Our training program will help you learn to do the following:
- Learn the skill trade of a Professional Window Cleaning Technician
- Window cleaning ground floor – homes and businesses
- Window cleaning with up to 27′ pole
- Ladder work up to 24′
- Removal of special substances off glass.
- Decide how jobs are most efficiently and safely performed
- Paperwork, invoicing and collecting
- Personal time management
- Person tool inventory and maintenance
Advanced responsibilities that are optional are:
- Job pricing
- Expanded areas of technical work such as water fed pole cleaning, aerial lift work and high rise
We will provide training for the Window Cleaning Technician position. People for whom a career in window cleaning has worked out well have come from backgrounds in ; Construction, Painting Painter Restaurant, Cook, Waiter, Manager, Customer Service, Personal Trainer, labor, General labor, Maintenance, and Factory. If you hate factory work, and/or are good at sports this career may be for you
*Benefits: Of course, like all other businesses, our benefits programs are subject to change from time to time to keep pace with changes in the marketplace, new features, cost adjustments, and other factors, including employee classification. The summaries of each benefit plan on this document are meant as a source of general information and are not all-inclusive. Please review the insurance policies, plan documents, and other literature for more details or contact Damon Atlee. In the event of conflict between a benefit summary or handbook policy, the official plan documents will prevail. Also, Great Lakes Window Cleaning’s contributions toward insurance, along with other features, are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Benefits may also be discontinued at any time, with or without notice.