August 8, 2020 Update: Online Payments Now Available to Facilitate more Touch-less Billing
Online payment by credit card is now available! Please be sure to enter your Invoice # or Client ID so we can credit to correct site/invoice. More details on our payment page:
July 3, 2020 Update; About Window Cleaning Service for your home;
Now, During the Pandemic Lock down; A clear view of the outside is more important than ever!
We will happily and safely clean the inside surfaces of your home windows during this COVID-19 pandemic, when you choose one of the following options to protect you, our employees and all of our families;
- If you have windows that crank out… and you can open the windows; we can then clean both sides from the outside.
- If no one other than our technicians are in the home during the window cleaning service. (this is the simplest solution)
- If everyone in the home properly wears a mask while our window cleaners are working in the home. (we will bring one for you if you don’t have one) we will thus be able to clean interiors of windows in rooms that are unoccupied, we will deduct windows in occupied areas from the bill.
- Or we can clean the outsides only, (you may need to remove the screens for us) and get to the insides surfaces when the pandemic is over.
June 15, 2020 Update;
We have begun providing INTERIOR and exterior window cleaning service. with due precautions outlined below;
The Pandemic Is Not Over
WE WILL BE FOLLOWING MI-OSHA, CDC Guidelines and Michigan Executive Orders as we adapt to the COVID-19 Pandemic. We feel it’s our obligation to our valued customers, employees and community to operate in a responsible manner. This means We are able to clean interior surfaces of Commercial / Office & Retail in areas that are in compliance with current guidelines. BEWARE of companies that are willing to ignore such safety guidance. During this Crisis; More than ever; We respect and appreciate the loyalty and trust our customers and the community has placed in us for over 40 years and we will continue to work as safely as possible to continue earn that trust.
Please be patient with us; our staff has been busy re-starting, re-sequencing and re-creating service logistics from a dead standstill; some of which had been developed gradually over the past 40 years. This is the largest challenge our team has ever faced and the hardest we’ve ever worked; If we can’t immediately answer your call, please leave a message!
May 5, 2020 Update;
OK we’ll be back!
We plan on starting limited window cleaning, and gutter clean-out service Monday May 11th.
- For the rest of May we will be cleanings exterior window surfaces, plus insides of doors and cleaning out gutters. We hope to begin offering interior cleanings in June. Provided social distancing protocols can be maintained.
- We will be adding the same sanitizing solution in our window cleaning solutions as is used in 95% of disinfectants available to consumers. Effectively making our window cleaning solution hand sanitizer.
- We will be doing health screens at our technician’s daily call in. any technicians showing symptoms or informed they’ve been exposed will not be sent out.
- We will be doing no-contact billing. All that’s required is that you maintain social distancing and give our technicians a nod of acknowledgment that they were there and cleaned your windows, and your name.
Please bear with us as we restart from zero. Of course we have a backlog of service requests and high-frequency store-front routes to re-sequence. If you have an urgent desire to get your windows cleaned to look clean and open, please give us a call.
We’re all in this together, and we’ll all get out if this together too. If you have extreme budget cuts and feel clean sparkling windows are something you can’t afford right now; let us know. We can work with you to reduce your window cleaning costs, perhaps reducing your cleaning frequency or prioritizing what areas/windows get cleaned.
What’s important is that your place of business present a clean & back-in-business first impression and your home have the clearest view of the beautiful spring outside as possible!
April 1, 2020
Michigan Governor’s Executive order 2020-42 and Window Cleaning Service Schedules
As you’ve probably figured out; In compliance with the Governor’s order to: Temporary requirement to suspend activities that are not necessary to sustain or protect life; we have suspended all window cleaning service thru April 30,2020.
We Will Be Back!
Please try to enjoy your unexpected Stay-Cation! and know that if you’ve been deemed a “Critical Infrastructure Worker” your work is very much valued and appreciated! The governor’s order includes a statement that;
“Individuals may leave their home or place of residence, and travel as necessary: To engage in outdoor activity, including walking, hiking, running, cycling, or any other recreational activity consistent with remaining at least six feet from people from outside the individual’s household.”
So please! Even if your windows are not as clean as you or we would like; you can still… Get outside if you can,
and enjoy the sunshine!
There is a proverb that says “Worry in a man’s heart depresses it, but thinking of a good thing gladdens it.” (Prov. 12:25 (Byington)) so try not to worry overmuch; do what you can to protect you and yours, and Always look on the bright side of life!
We have a great team of Window Cleaning Technicians and Staff eager to get back to work. We expect to be back in operation making your home and business shine as soon as allowed. At the least we should be able to get the outside shining & fresh to brighten your view or present that Open and In Business image. for the near term, once we are back in operation; we will likely maintain taking due precautions when working indoors for your and our health and safety.
Our Office Staff: We are maintaining a “one person at a time” rule for our office and are issuing remote access computers to critical staff. We apologize for the delays responding to your phone calls or email while we work this out we appreciate your patience. We will soon be issuing external telephones for those working remotely to be able to make/receive calls through our phone system. – we do all have cell phones and can receive email copies of any voice messages left thru our auto phone attendant. So eventually we will get back with you.
Thank You for Your Business and Patience.
Your Window Cleaning Service Team
at Great Lakes Window Cleaning